Our client is currently seeking a Machine Operator. This is a full time, temporary to possible permanent positions. The hours are 8pm - 6am Monday-Thursday or 10pm - 6am Monday - Friday (must be flexible). The pay rate is up to $15/hour.
Duties of Machine Operator include:
- Perform machine setups (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. speed)
- Feed the necessary raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools to ensure they meet requirements
- Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to discover any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
Requirements and qualifications include:
- Ability to stand for the entire shift and show energy and enthusiasm
- Communicate well and follow instructions
- Mechanical aptitude; someone that enjoys working on vehicles or machines
- Graduate of technical or vocational school helpful
- Ability to pass a 13-panel pre-employment drug screen
- Available to begin working within 48 hours of an offer
Benefits: Health Insurance & Vacation Pay
Mismanaged supply chain decisions sent manufacturing overseas. But the industry has changed direction.
Originally posted by CBS News:
Millions of jobs are waiting to be filled, but employers say they can't find qualified workers because of "the skills gap." Byron Pitts reports.